299 questions

353 answers

268 comments

3754 members

Ask a question
0 votes
in Smart Autonomous Solutions by

Hi,

I have a TFT100 and want to make it work over J1939 protocol.

I followed the wiki and I think the "Manual CAN Settings" page is correctly filled but when I go to the "CAN I/O" page, the current value column is just the values of the "data mask" and not the correct values.

I switched the CAN Protocol to Manual J1939, enable the 120 Ohm termination resistor and read my doc about J1939.

On my doc, I have all needed informations, they are formatted like this :

PGN (0XFF01F1) battery temperature(ID:100125G4)

So I set up the "Manual CAN0" like this:

CAN Type Can ID/PGN Data Mask Endianess Req ID / PGN Request DA Request Period
Enable 100125G4 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Little 00FF01F1 255 0

I also tried to invert CAN ID and REQ ID but it doesn't work either.

What did I miss?

Thank you for your time

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

1. Firstly, I would suggest you to check the supported baudrate in your documentation. If it is not specified, please try to use different Baudrates (125k, 250k, 500k and 1M) in the configurator (Manual CAN Settings -> Manual CAN Baudrate).

2. Secondly, by default current TFT100 hardware does not have the 120 Ohm Termination Resistor. It will be available only with TFT100 31 hardware version which is still in prototype stage. In this case you have to make sure if your vehicle (e-forklift, e-scooter) has this 120 Ohm Termination Resistor on the CAN line.

3. Moreover, 'Request Period' has to be from 1 to 3600 seconds. If you set it to 0, requests will not be made. According to your provided information, try to use 00FF01F1 as Can ID and 100125G4 as Req ID.

4. Lastly, if after all these actions you still do not receive data, try to use 100125G4 as CAN ID and 00FF01F1 as Req ID.

If all these steps do not help, please attach your protocol document which you are using for configuration.

Kind regards,

Irmantas.

Best answer
by
Hello Irmantas,

Thank you for your answer.

I already checked the baud rate and set it correctly.

Yep, it has this resistor so I don't need it on the TFT100.

Oh, you're right, some of my tests were using 0 seconds as the request period.

So now, I'm testing both with CAN ID as REQ ID and vice versa.

However, it does not work, It sill gives me "0xFFFFFFFFF".

Maybe it's the source address or request destination address ? I think they're set up correctly, but maybe I'm wrong.

Regards
by

Hello again,

Source address and request destination address should be correct if you leave them as configured by default.

For further help, I would need the protocol document which you are using for TFT100 configuration.

Moreover, it would be much better if you could upload your current configuration file to https://wetransfer.com/ and attach the link there.

Additionally, please send a screenshot of configurator where you see this value: "0xFFFFFFFFF".

Kind regards,

Irmantas.

by
I sent a private message to you with more detailed explanation and your documentation specific examples.
by

For anyone looking for this in the future, CAN ID/PGN in the Manual CAN Settings tabs should be in decimal and not in hexadecimal (for Manual J1939)

In the Manual CAN Commands, it's in hexadecimal